The project and its name encompasses and promotes the idea of social inclusion and integration through the word “united” and aims to transfer the idea that physical activity unites us all. “Urban movement” is related to urban sports but the word “movement” is broader and accessible, it is something we do every day. “Movement” also represents the social movement of the participants, staff, volunteers, and individuals in the wider society. The word “through” aims at showing that through sport we can reach mobility, become inclusive, and spread the word about the benefits of volunteerism. This resonates with the idea of “education through sport” in our view.
- Promote mobility, social inclusion, and sport-based education for youth from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Provide relevant volunteer work experience for disadvantaged youth through involving them in the organization of small-scale, urban sport-based events
- Give and include the target group in personal skills development workshops centered around employability
- Promote the selected urban sports (Parkour, Street workout, 3×3 Streetball) as “accessible for all” and fun ways of doing physical activity/sport
- To raise awareness of the benefits of movement/physical activity, physiological and social, including the positive impact it can have on mental well-being as well
- Prepare and share an editable, online database with “good practices”, which will be used to realize the small-scale urban sport festival
- Educational Youtube channel highlighting the basics of the Parkour, 3×3 Streetball and Street workout/Calisthenics
Budapest Association for International Sports , Hungary – Project Coordinator.
Magyar Parkour Sportegyesület (MPSE), Hungary
LEAP Sports Scotland, UK
M.S.S.A: Malta Street Sport Association, Malta
SEA: Sport Evolution Alliance, Portugal